The St. Roop Convent School admission process is simple and transparent. It works on the belief that a personal interaction between parents / authorized guardians, the prospective student and the school’s authorized representatives carries same importance as conventional admission test. Admission is marked by a complete absence of class distinctions, discrimination of any kind or any other trivial privileges like donations. The Principal reserves the right to assign any pupil the class for which she thinks the child is best suited. The process is aimed at giving us an insight into the type of education approach and environment one believe would be appropriate for one’s child to maximize his/her potential, while giving us a glimpse of the child’s strengths, learning needs and potential. It also gives parents / authorized guardians, a first-hand opportunity to obtain an understanding of how our students and faculty engage with each other, our overall offering, curricula and our education approach.
The following are the steps in the admission process for Parents/ Authorized Guardians of the child:
1. Application Form can be purchased from the school office. Besides the form, the Admission Packet contains the Information Brochure, and the Admission Process. Alternatively, one can download the Application Kit from the school website, and pay the requisite fee towards the admissions packet at the time of submission of the completed application form.
2. Submit the completed Application Form along with:
o 5 latest photographs
o A copy of the child’s / applicant’s Birth Certificate
o Transfer Certificate in original for admission to Std. 2 onwards
o 2-2 photographs of parents
o 1 photograph of guardian
o Address Proof
3 . Applicants will be called to appear for Proficiency assessment.
Every student registered for admission in any Grade from 1 to 8 classes is expected to appear for a Proficiency Assessment at the School. The Assessment is held in January/February of the year in which admission is sought. Particulars of these Assessments are sent by the school to parents well in advance. Any registration made after that day is only accepted on payment of a Late Fee.
4 Declaration of Results: Candidates shortlisted after Proficiency test will be called for personal interaction between parents / authorized guardians, the prospective student and the school’s authorized representatives.
5 Offers of admission are given on the basis of the results of these Assessments and Personal Interactions and depend on the number of vacancies in each class.
1. A clear calendar months’ notice for withdrawal from the school rolls must be submitted in writing by the parents, failing which one month’s fee will be charged thereof. No allowances will be made for broken periods if withdrawal is to take effect within the last two months of the academic session or in the final term, in which case full fees for that term must be paid.
2. The concerned student’s T.C. (Transfer Certificate) can be issued only after three weeks of the receipt of the withdrawal application. The school-leaving certificate will not be issued unless all school dues are paid, and any library books or school property returned.
Important points to be noted
· The policy of “First come first served” is followed in case of admission for both boys and girls. The School is open for students without any discrimination
· The School fully reserves the right of Admission and its decision in the matter is final and binding and cannot be questioned.
· The admission of the student is subject to the availability of seats and as per the criteria laid down by the School.
· Those parents seeking admission can contact the School office between 10.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. on any working day.
· Submission of the Application for admission form does not ensure admission to the School.
· All Fees (both one time and annual / recurring) paid are non-refundable.
· Recommendation and pressure tactics of any kind disqualifies admissions.